Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Why not surprise your special someone with a Yorkville inspired Valentine's Day? Whether a spouse, a special friend, or even your mom, we've got you covered. Here are some tips on how to make it a very memorable day.
Plan Ahead & Take The Day Off
Valentine's Day does not have to be only about flowers and chocolates... Make Valentine's a whole day affair and take the day off. But, remember to let everyone know you are signing out for the day away from work or other commitments.
A Different Take On Valentine's Day Cards
Forget the traditional Hallmark card and try something different this year... Isn't adult colouring all the rage right now for its calming benefits? Consider making a hand coloured Valentine's Day card from the Royal Ontario Museum. There are a few to choose from & you can exercise your artistic side too!
Valentine's Day Flowers
Everyone loves flowers, especially on Valentine's Day! Teatro Verde is one of the best florists in Toronto. Located in Yorkville, they are the go to option for class, beauty, and over the top arrangments. They are also one of the priciest. For a more budget conscious option, you can head over to the corner of Avenue Road & Bernard Avenue. There you will find four (4) florists located right next to each other with many great options to choose from. I also like Whole Foods if you are in a a hurry and need to pick up flowers at the last minute.
Art & Culture
We often fail to take the time to enjoy the vast choice of galleries & museums in Toronto. Make Valentine's Day a culture day. Here are some suggestions:
- Right in Yorkville you will find many art galleries.
- There is also the the Royal Ontario Museum and the Gardiner Museum. Why not take a guided tour?
- A short Uber ride away is the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO). The AGO is offering special packages for the gallery and their restaurant & cafe.
Refresh & Recharge
There are many lunch spots to enjoy in Yorkville. It all depends what you like most... Here are some of our favourites::
- Nespresso Boutique & Bar (159 Cumberland St) is a perfect place to enjoy a bite to eat. Light-filled, stunning interior design, high ceilings... A delightful experience indeed.
- Dbar Bar & Lounge (60 Yorkville Ave) is quintessional luxury. Dress to impress. Enjoy a light lunch of craft cocktails, charcuterie & refined small plates.
- Trattoria Nervosa ( 75 Yorkville Ave) has a much more casual vibe. Enjoy classic Italian dishes in a relaxed atmosphere.
Relax at a Spa
Yorkville is home to some of the best pampering and spa services in Toronto. Plan ahead as Valentine's Day is a popular day for spas. Here are the top 5 spas located in Yorkville.
- Novo Spa (66 Avenue Rd) is the go-to destination for many Torontonians and visitors alike. Take advantage of their Valentine's Day monthly specials.
- Spa at Four Seasons (60 Yorkville Ave) is a sun-filled urban luxury retreat. Enjoy their indoor relaxation pool and co-ed whirlpool .
- Stillwater Spa at Park Hyatt (4 Avenue Rd) is an indulgent, full-service spa. Another one of Toronto's favourites offering escape from urban demands.
- Rest Nest Float Club (21 Yorkville Ave) offers float therapy. A unique zero-gravity experience, you float in float in magnesium containing water. It gently eliminates sensory inputs and allows for complete and total relief.
- The Spa at Hazelton (118 Yorkville Ave) is one of Toronto's most exclusive sanctuary. It features the Swiss product line Valmont.
Valentine's Day Dinner
Take advantage of Valentine's Day to enjoy some of the best restaurants in Yorkville. Here are some offering a Valentine's Day prix fixe dinner or special features:
- STK (153 Yorkville Ave) is Yorkville’s newest and sexiest spot. Celebrate while enjoying their acclaimed cocktails. Savour a crispy lobster tail, or a crispy prosciutto wrapped-wine cured cod. Delight in their over-the-top desserts.
- Blu Ristorante (17 Yorkville Ave) is an excellent choice if you enjoy live music. Wine and dine from a four-course prix fixe Italian-inspired menu ($95 per person). Some features: fromage & charcuterie plate... Antipasti... Nova Scotia Lobster... Wild Boar... Pan Seared Duck Breast... and Dolci (the chef’s tasting plate for two).
- Cafe Boulud (60 Yorkville Ave) is the destination for a most memorable Valentine's Day dinner. It is our top choice. Tantalize your taste buds with a $125 four course prix fixe. Revel in scrumptious bites: Terrine de foie gras, Raviole de courge butternut, roasted venison, ribs, souffle and more.
Rest & Dream
Complete a full day of pampering with a stay in the heart of Yorkville at one of the area's most exquisite hotels. Relax into the the sleek, contemporary comfort at the Toronto Four Season's Hotel. Or try The Hazelton Hotel, the city's iconic, chic, glamourous, and luxurious landmark. Both will offer superlative experiences and cap off the night in style.
Last but not least
Relax, and have an amazing & memorable day!
Did you try out any of our ideas? Let us know by tagging your social media shares with the hashtag #yorkvillelife. Or post in the comments below. We look forward to hearing about your special day!